"If it is only a dream, why is pain so real?" "A dream head struck against a dream wall causes dream pain. A dreamer is not cognizant of the hallucinatory fabric of a dream until he awakens. Similarly, man does not understand the delusory nature of the cosmic dream of creation until he awakens in God." Paramahansa Yogananda

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurrection

Blue Easter, Collection of Sandy and Frederick Treffinger

"In this world we seem to be immersed in a sea
of troubles. Then the Divine Mother comes and
shakes us, awakening us from this terrible dream.
Every man (and woman), sooner or later, will
have that liberating experiance."
Paramahansa Yoganada

I am not sure why I am posting this painting, except
that I painted it on Easter many years ago and my
sister in law grabbed it because she saw Jesus on the
cross and several faces of Jesus in it. It was supposed
to be an abstract, but I saw it too.

I have been thinking about what aspect of Easter
I wanted to speak about and I realized as I
started typing what it was. It is the fact that the
resurrection of Jesus was such a statement that
this really is a dream. It is all smoke and mirrors.
There is no death. Who was it that said "We are
spiritual beings having a human experience."?
Reality is what we make it. We are given the
choice and the power of creativity in every
moment to realize a higher reality and resurrect
our relationship to the truth of our Divinity,
of the Christ within.

4 comments:

Dianna Woolley said...

Amen to the post AND to the beautiful painting - I can see why your sister-in-law grabbed it!

Happy Easter Monday!

xo

Katherine said...

Dianna thank you so much. It is funny starting this blog. It is much like believing in the Invisible as I am slow to get comments, but I see in google analytics that I have already received close to 200 visits. What a lesson.
Happy Easter Monday to you also.

Umā said...

I might be wrong but I think it was CS Lewis who said that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. I love that quote.

Katherine said...

M cool, thanks.